Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What kind of time limit fits you best
one day limit for turns;penalty for 2-3 days; forced defeat after 3 days 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
two day limit for turns,penalty for 3-6 days,forced defeat after a a week 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
three day limit for turns;penalty for a week delay;defeat after 2 weeks. 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:31 am 
Sea Wolf

I think the Roughnecks will cease to exist if you bring in such a ridiculous rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:40 am 
Sea Wolf

I don't see what's so ridiculous about expecting someone to manage to put aside a bit of time once every three days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:00 am 
P.L. Marshal

if RN starts send turn in normal timing it would already been destroyed
i currently have 2 game on NR with Redfox one surely won and one probably won but he not sent me a turn during a WEEK!!!
if this is the way you prefer to play....you just lame....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:07 pm 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes wrote:
if someone can not make it within 3 days he just should not be allowed into clanwar.

While this is an understandable sentiment, I have to point out that there are situations where somebody simply can't get turns in, no matter how fast he plays. Going on a trip, losing an internet connection, or getting sick or something can delay even the fastest players. That's why I think that any hard limit that's imposed should have some sort of flexibility built in.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:25 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 Artanis - if you go into a trip or became sick that's special situations in this case you should send message to your clan leader and this way allow him to replace you.

okay i will rephraze that
if someone is not making it within 3 days on constant basis he just should not be allowed into clanwar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:30 pm 
Sea Wolf

Agreed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

Mrakobes wrote:
okay i will rephraze that
if someone is not making it within 3 days on constant basis he just should not be allowed into clanwar.

Now that, I can agree with.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:23 pm 
P.L. Marshal

important addition
as i understood Mvigor agree to make it 3 turns limit with one feature
any player can one time per battle make a 7-days delay without penalties.
and after that continue normally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:14 am 
Sea Wolf

Well that is a paraphrase of what I said - Something like that would be best - I think some variation on Rocklizard's timeout suggestion is best.

After thinking about it some more though - what would be best is a chess clock solution.

I suppose it would require a bit of work from the devs - but a game could have a time limit of say 15 (number plucked from thin air) days per player (for the entire game). Whenever the battle is waiting for your turn - then your time is ticking away.

It would be up to clan leaders to manage their battles so that none of their clan had too many games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:29 am 
Sea Wolf

this would be the ideal solution but like u said atm such a process isn't possible.

Dragonshard Fan Site: http://www.rpgplanet.com/dragonshard/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:48 am 
P.L. Marshal

there is one thing which puzzles me completely
i know a few people as very fast players and i remember we were able to finish a battle within one day.
but when i start a Clanwar battle with same those people they begin to LAG like hell.
the only visible explanation is that current clanwar rules favour laggers....it's just better for clan to give planet away later that sooner...and this all make the clanwar just one slow....thing...
only way to make clanwar something meaningful is 1-2 days limit with unquestionable autofinish in case of lag.no replacements and no pauses.
if not...this all is just meaningless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:18 am 
Sea Wolf

if u had a 1-2 limit then u'd lose about 2/3rds of the players, 3 days is realistic, but in the enxt war hopefully it'll be a definate limit, u go over it then the opponent can end the game like in the summer cup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:06 am 
Veteran

I have been trying to follow this discussion for some time. I agree that there are problems with all the systems either in current use or proposed. Here is a list of my personal recommendations for a new time out system.

1. 3 day time limit. Longer than this just allows stalling tactics and shorter than this means too many people may not be able to play.

2. Re-assinging must have a penalty. Sure, it may not be the fault of the clan who's memeber has timed out, but it isn't the other clan's fault at all. I am also worried that this could create a system where if one side or the other doesn't like their position they could just use the re-assign option to get a new match, which would be unfair as well.
Solution: base re-assignment fee of say 10 points that doubles everytime a clan uses this option.

3. Stalling tactics, I am not clear if defenders of contested planets get income, but perhaps defenders should be allowed to continue to accure points from contested planets, but at a reduced rate? This will prevent attackers from stalling, but of course doesn't help much for stalling defenders.

4. Abuse of system. Clans that have excessive re-assignments will feel the pinch from the fee I suggested in 2. However, in addition I like the manditory inactive status for those players that do time out. Perhaps the first time is no penalty, second offense is inactive status for say a week or two, and third offense is removal from the war. Also, people that have been removed from a war may participate in the next war, but any violations in the following war should go to immediate inactivity or removal.

Really, just some thoughts for someone to chew on. By no means is this meant to be the final solution, just some brainstorming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:18 pm 
Sea Wolf

Vixen, ad 1: agree,
ad 2: if it is possible that another player can finish a game allredy begun from his team mate is problem risolved. The only question is wich member of the clan should take that place,
for 3 and 4, no comment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:54 pm 
P.L. Marshal

10 credits penalty? ROFL
10 creds is nothing for a well established clan.penalties should be much larger.

know what?majority of current clan war players just not take it as serious thing.
i have a clanwar battle with a guy named El Diablo - since it was started 4 days passed but he not made turn.then i logged in chat i seen him there i asked him why he not plays and he said that he has "more important" turns to play just now and will answer to me later....
incredible...
seems they just dont understand that clanwar battles should go first...and if they think
some normal games are more important than clanwar,
Enforcer -may be we stop treating that players are 5-year old babyes?Lets just experiment and allow auto-finishing clanwar battles after 3 days with NO replacement and - a miracle - everybody will become disciplined and play their turns in time.
And clanleaders will be very eager to kick out players who not meet timing conditions.
So the shit will be thrown out and clanwar will became quick and ordered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:17 pm 
Sea Wolf

might b worth trying out the 3 day no nonsence limit in the current waar bfor the enxt 1 is ready, give us a feel of wether it'll work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:28 pm 
Sea Wolf

:o Had someone in mind writing "shit" Mrakobes? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:48 pm 
P.L. Marshal

2 maneiro - actually yes i know of a dozen or so players from different clans who just lag the clanwar while being useless to their clans...
lazy to write a list atm though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:20 am 
Veteran

Mrakobes,

You know, 10 points is just a number it could be anything. How about making a positive contribution instead of shooting down anything that wasn't your idea? In addition, I did suggest a doubling penalty; you know 10, 20, 40, 80, 160, etc. This would keep large penalties from being implemented against players that have real life happen. Also, this isn't a penalty per player, it is meant to be per team so that each re-assignment costs them more and more credits.

I also think you need to back off on your hard line view of this game. It is just a game and things that are more important do come up. I don’t plan out my entire month around MAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:20 am 
P.L. Marshal

Vaxx...you should undestand - what i offer is not harsh it is just nessesary to keep the clanwar going smoothly.3 days is a very soft limit actually - just think -if you make turn once per 3 days and you have 20 turns game on wasserland you will be playing it for THO MONTHS! is this harsh?to play just a few games with normal average speed during 2 months?
Also think about that losing clans abusing the lags to help themselfs..do you think it's fair to force a definite winner to wait for half year to get his hard-earned win due to opponent lags?
I believe that majority of clanwar players can keep the 3 day limit easily -because if they could not the such thing as clanwar would not exist in general.
So majority can play with 3 days limit but there is bad minority who harms the entire community of clanwar players by creating lags.And some of them are playing their non-clanwar turns with normal speed but intentionally lag the clanwar...
Should i explain what need to be done with such minority?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next