Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

What kind of time limit fits you best
one day limit for turns;penalty for 2-3 days; forced defeat after 3 days 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
two day limit for turns,penalty for 3-6 days,forced defeat after a a week 25%  25%  [ 4 ]
three day limit for turns;penalty for a week delay;defeat after 2 weeks. 63%  63%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:25 am 
Sea Wolf

You're right in that we have to do something about lag, but there MUST be some flexibility built-in. If a normally quick player like you, me, Fellor, or Three Seven gets sick or has computer problems and can't play for four days, are they supposed to be treated like the other "shit" with no consideration for past performance?

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:59 am 
P.L. Marshal

omg Artanis how many times i need to explain that this is not about exceptional circumstances! if player has RL problems which prevents him from playing he tell that to his clan leader and then clanleader changes player and puts him asleep if needed.
this is usual order and this is working okay.i am talking about ppl who just lag in CW games without meaningful reason while continuing to play public games with normal speed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:19 am 
Veteran

Quote:
1. 3 day time limit. Longer than this just allows stalling tactics and shorter than this means too many people may not be able to play.

I am agreeing with you here Mrakobes. Why are you still argueing the point? I think everyone has come to realize that 3 days is a good compromise. Stop beating that horse, I think it is dead.

@EVERYONE
All I am trying to do is suggest a system that provides an out for clans that have unexpected interruptions like illness, but that doesn't allow exploitation by unscrupulous players/clans. This is why the penalty starts out low and doubles from there. In this system you don't have to worry about why there is a change of players. So, if a clan is using the early cheap penalties to get some better setups, later in the war when someone is on vacation or out sick they will incur a bigger penalty. Also, if a clan has a player that consistently "times out" they will likely move them to "sleeping" or remove them from the clan on their own since they are wasting points. The choice is up to the clan how they want to play. The system I am suggesting allows flexibility, although I admit it may still need some work.

A slight modification to this rule could be that after 3 days a game is timed out and the timed out clan has 1-2 days to decide if they want to re-assign. If they don't it is a victory, if they do then they pay the penalty and the game is started again. No game should be able to be re-assigned more than once, regardless of what a clan is willing to pay in penalty.

So please, take these suggestions and think about them, don't just spout out knee jerk reactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:46 am 
P.L. Marshal

Vaxx -
first - the 3 day time limit is NOT officially declared in clanwar at current moment.
so the "horse" is not dead yet it is alive and well.
second - i do not see everybody agree on solution to what to do with over-3-days laggers.
this is the primary problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:42 pm 
Veteran

You are right, nothing is official, but there does seem to be a general concensus of 3 days.

Your second point, ummm that is what I am trying to do, how about you comment on the solutions presented, we already know we need a solution.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4