Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: In-game chat and odd purchases
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 2:10 pm 
Conscript

Hi

I've been playing a couple of online games recently and noticed a couple of things, I was hoping you might be able to help...

1) My opponent has messaged me in-game - I am unsure how to do this (I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference)

2) I've noticed that in some (not all) territories when I get money it is double what I expected. I'm sure that I bought at least *some* stuff in those territories the turn before so am unsure why this is happening. I don't want to be accused of cheating or anything...!

Thanks,
Calvin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:23 pm 
Sea Wolf

1) Just hit the 'Enter' key to bring up a message box.

2) Dunno. Are you absolutely 100% certain that you bought stuff? I know I've thought that I made purchases when it turned out I hadn't a few times.

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:22 pm 
Sea Wolf

Calvin,

(1) You can send messages in the Mac version of MA as Artanis described. Unfortunately, your messages are not readable by PC users...they just come through as garbled mess due to a bug. I am unsure whether Mac-to-Mac messages work properly or not. (Feel free to challenge 'Placid' with the map/army of your choosing and we'll give it a shot. ;))

(2) You have probably experienced the "recruitment bug" found in the current Mac version of MA. I posted about this in the VP support forums, but apparently they just deleted these forums from their website entirely (maybe I was bugging them too much to get the their port of MA up to speed...). Well, in short, if you *disclose* a country after previously *recruiting* any unit(s) in any countries AND during the disclosure phase you un-click any unit(s) in order to delete them and make changes, THEN you will have to rewind back until the recruitment phase and redo all your recruits. If you don't rewind and redo, it will be as if you never bought anything. Thus, you might remember spending $2, but the next turn notice you have $2 extra and no recruit(s). This can obviously damage your game badly if you are absolutely counting on recruits to block a space, etc., so always check that to see if your recruits still exist before sending your turn...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:42 pm 
Conscript

1) ok, will do that :)

2) that could be possible - it happened on a game where I thought I was using recruits to block an enemy, and then promptly got invaded the next turn (I felt rather silly, now I'm not so sure it was me being a prat)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:58 pm 
Calvin,

Unless you just attempted to say "DoDc" (with strange diacritical marks above the letters), I'm assuming that messaging is broken even when Mac-to-Mac. ;-) I sent you a message as well just to make sure.

In any case, it looks like we're going to have a good game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:00 pm 
Sea Wolf

Oops, didn't log in. I made the above post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:03 pm 
Conscript

Hope so!

No, I didn't say DoDc - and yours came out in gibberish as well... My message was 'sorry for the delay in making my turn, I got called to London on business'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:41 pm 
P.L. Marshal

if the in-game messages are so really broken in MAC version you people can use instant messengers like ICQ to communicate instead...