Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Release Date for Domination in US?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:22 am 
Conscript

Most of the places I've been to say Feb 28th. However, I've called two game stores, ebgames and gamestop, and they both are giving me different answers. Gamestop says march 5th, ebgames says they don't even have a release date! What is going on here? Is it slated for the 28th or not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:02 pm 
Sea Wolf

And where are the Domination forums? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:13 pm 
Tough Nut

I called a media play and 2 eb games (I got giftcards for both for christmas), none of them have any idea what I'm talking about and just hang up on me when it doesn't pop up on their computer. Anyone actually know someplace thats even planning on carrying it? I had to stop playing MAN when I had to move, but I've got broadband again, and want to play the new one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:51 pm 
Sea Wolf

Just order it from www.ebgames.com. Ship date was 2/28/05 so I think stores would be getting them this week or next, but why wait get it online!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/7thwanzer

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:11 pm 
Conscript

Too bad it's not just available for direct download off the wargaming.net site...

I downloaded the massive assault demo the other day....WOW. So awesome. I absolutley loved it. Then I found out that Domination was only a few days away from being released, with updated graphics, and new gameplay modes, it sold me right away. Anyway, I called ebgames again today, much nicer guy this time. He found it for me, it's in thier system as Total Domination: Massive assault, and they should get it tomorrow. I also called Gamestop, they have it slated for March 5th. Wierdos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:45 pm 
Sea Wolf

Looks like the ship date got pushed back a little from yesterday. Ebgames website now shows the ship date as 3/2/2005.

"Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his." George S. Patton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

Little bit off topic...

Play.com lists Euro version of MA:PR for preorder. Costs 19.99 pounds, 25% off for preorder (=14.99 pounds, which is 22 euros or 29 dollars). Release on 22/04/2005.

Clan War Site:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:55 pm 
Veteran

EB is now saying 3/3 but no sign of it and it's not showing in the local list of incoming.

Has anyone been able to purchase the game yet? Discounting pre-orders of course.

Do the devs have any idea? And how about the guy who's playing the demo... where can we get this?!?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:44 am 
Conscript

Yes, lets get some accurate info here...I don't want to wait a month while the release date gets pushed back a day at a time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:00 am 
Tough Nut

Tomorrows a day off for me, so I plan on running by EB Games and Gamestop and bugging them in person (so they can't hang up on me). I'll be sure to post if I get the game. Oh and just so people know, I'm outside of Buffalo New York. This means that I get things a day late more often than not, but the occaisional game gets here a day or two eary (morrowind and homeworld2 come to mind) so no gaurantees that it'll be available for anyone else to purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:06 am 
Conscript

Update! Look what i found!

DreamCatcher Games announced today that Domination, their latest strategy game for Windows PC's, has launched in North America. Domination features a renewed global conflict between the Free Nations Union and the Phantom League on distant planets, including sci-fi land, sea and air warfare at a grand-strategy level.

“With hundreds of hours of game play and thousands of units to control, this game will keep you occupied until sometime this summer,” said Byron Gaum, Product Manager at DreamCatcher Games. “WarGaming.net has made yet another exciting and accessible addition to the strategy genre.”

http://gamefreaks365.com/modules.php?na ... le&sid=360

That was posted today, 3/2/05. Here's hoping it's in stores tomorrow, and this poster isnt full of crap. He IS a moderator on the site, so I'm assuming hes correct, but you never know. I am also going to ebgames tomorrow and seeing if they have it. Here's hoping!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:17 pm 
Tough Nut

Ok, so I went driving around to get the game, or at least an accurate statement of whats going on.

EBgames lists the game as "Total Domination" and they don't have it on they're new release list, so they can't take preorders or anything. But, while they don't have a concrete date, my local one expected it in tomorrows shipment, and also informed me that there were no copies in the district yet.

Gamestop lists the game as "Domination: Massive Assault" and they claim its not even shipping till tomorrow, but that somehow they'll have it in by saturday. I think they might be taking pre-orders.

Media Play still has no idea what I'm talking about, but I only asked if they had "Domination" or "Total Domination" not "total domination : massive assault" so who knows.

Anyway, with luck we get it tomorrow, Too bad todays my one day off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:36 pm 
Conscript

Hm.....I'm going to do that same....be back with an update in a bit.

Update: Sigh...no go. They said maybe tomorrow. I'm beginning to think gamestop is right, and it's coming out the 5th. Nothing more annoying then waiting for a game. Especially when they push back the release date, day by day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:21 am 
Veteran

I'm seeing the same thing here. However, I did notice ebgames is still saying 'ships on 3/3' and here we are at 3/4 so maybe...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:46 am 
Developer

Just an interesting site:
http://www.domination-game.com/
:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:51 am 
Sea Wolf

Went to EB games today. I'm in australia and its not even in their system.

Mentor

Clan War Site:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar/

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Master Yoda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:24 am 
Sea Wolf

VaNO wrote:
Just an interesting site:
http://www.domination-game.com/
:-)

Just took a gander at the site! Very nicely done!

The unit section was my favorite. They did get the FNU Sub description wrong though (same as the Carrier)

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:20 pm 
Sea Wolf

I really like this site, but looks like they really need to get in and fix the descriptions on the units. It says things like the FNU Carrier can be taken out by Subs(FNU only unit), the petrosheild(PL) uses the Anti-Air Truck(FNU) description which talks about being used on a Battle Platform(FNU). Just to name a few.

Also, EBgames website is no longer listing it as a Pre-order, now they have it as "Usually Ships Within 24 Hours."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:35 pm 
Tough Nut

So my local ebgames got its shipment in today... no Total Domination. They have no idea when it'll be in now "we are getting a small shipment of stuff in tomorrow, but probably next week or something" is what I got told.

Gamestop's site just pushed their shipdate back to the 7, and none of the stores in my area have it. I didn't even bother calling media play, since I'm sure they still don't even know the game exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:50 pm 
Conscript

Wow...this is...digusting. What the hell is wrong here? No one knows when this thing is coming out. They just keep pushing it back. I had a similar report from Ebgames, They said probrably next week, since they don't have any more shipments coming on this week. Probrably Bullshit for "I have no idea". Sigh. This is proving most annoying.