Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Just a Noob Boob Strategic Question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:22 am 
Conscript

In reading Tigers tactics I interpreted that: Even if your opponent invades and conquers one of your 'secret allies" by eliminating all guerillas and occupying the capital - you may still at a later time disclose this secret ally and get your secret army (though no reinforcements until the country is retaken). Is this the case?
Please help me out in a hurry here as I'm thinking of using this tactic and sure would hate to be wrong.
Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:45 am 
Tough Nut

Yes you can choose to disclose that SA at a later time...hopefully when the opponent has moved out of your capitol and left minimal units occupying the country.

Don't wait too long though, because for each turn the enemy is there, they are taking your potential reinforcement money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:42 pm 
Sea Wolf

It's really fun if the opponent is dumb enough to leave three planes in the capital. If it's a small country, you can do $9 in damage by killing the planes and he can only hope to $8 of it back if he gets the indemnity. A late disclose is also good if the opponent leaves a loaded transport (or two) where you can easily surround and destroy them with the secret army.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:30 pm 
Sea Wolf

WhiteHawk wrote:
Don't wait too long though, because for each turn the enemy is there, they are taking your potential reinforcement money.

But if disclose it too soon, you loss all reinforcement and give him contribution. Often better don't disclose occupied alies if opponent don't make obvious mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:31 am 
Tough Nut

If the opponent doesn't make obvious mistakes, you're in for a hard fight regardless of when the SA is finally disclosed.

Gamewise, I would hold off on revealing the SA until I could resupply it from a neighboring country.

If it is isolated and there is no way to get your units anywhere near it, I would use the SA as a suicidal sabatuer and activate 3 transports + 2 scouts. The transports shoot off to 3 bordering countries and the 2 scouts stay in your SA. If the transports aren't destroyed, the countries (assuming you sent them into guerilla expended ones)won't be able to offer reinforcements which could be just crippling enough to use the situation to your advantage. The 2 scouts if positioned right should be able to keep the SA from being lost for at least 2 turns.

The sudden spring of your units behind your opponents frontlines could cause the opponent to redirect his front line units there by weakening a point where your units may be able to break through

The main point is that if you can't get reinforcements to aid your occupied SA, then its as good as gone anyway so you might as well cause a little havoc while you still can.