Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New game being designed?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:49 am 
Sea Wolf

Please consider making your next game using WWII scenarios....Germany/Russia campaigns......small scenarios as well as a campaign game.....man, that would be so much better than the unreal fantasy depictions ....
The units would be so great....and would include infantry(replacing lav's).....and city battles.....
the game might get more respect and attention....believe it!!
Massive Assault is great because it is the closest thing to a wargame....but with historic situations, how GREAT! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:36 pm 
Conscript

How about taking an historic scenario, openly letting peoples know...

But then making it fantastic like now? I like to have more then infantry or tanks like now, but each unit could represent something else, so you have 2 layers to the game...anyway, just an idea.

And instead of German/Russia campaign, maybe it could be interesting to take another less used campaign, like Italians in Greece or whatever! Then transfer the units to something more "fantastic" but with some "historic" consideration in their strengh and the setting...and you have a bomb.

Well, you could even have the option to have 2 type of each unit, 1 more fantastic, 1 more realistic...but same gameplay. I like to see the Bullfrog and everything! See, the average player want to make FUN...and if you focus to much on realistic, it can deter them. Fantastic Bullfrogs has some appeal! Do not underestimate it! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:33 am 
Tough Nut

How about they make the games they release WORK! How many months has it been for Domination now and I still can't play it?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:46 am 
P.L. Marshal

why you cant play domination? i did for quite a few time till i get bored...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:11 am 
Tough Nut

Nope. Damn thing crashes too much. Still waiting for the patch that the Russian version has had for months now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:16 am 
Tough Nut

Can I get a status report on the patch or something? Please? Is it even on the way? I know I'm being a whiny tool, but that should just speak for how much I want to play the game! I paid $60 for it, and I've yet to get through 99% of the game due to crashing!

Seriosuly, I'm beggin' ya! (If it's QA that's holding it up, just leak the damn patch or something!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:32 am 
Developer

Hello,

At the moment we're working on patch, the build being tested is v2.0.164.
We're delaying the release in order to make sure you get patch which make the game playable in all the modes.

Sorry for delay,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:10 am 
Tough Nut

Thank you. It's much appreciated, I assure you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:18 pm 
Levy

If they don't come out with some kind of proper editor for domination, then it might be a while before they make another game. The game is good. Some BUGS!!!, but good. The AI gets a well done from me. More maps are needed. Some places they really dropped the ball though. Career mode was a good idea but why stop it before you've played through all the maps? Why not have a points system for hotseat or world war. Flag bonuses on or off like armor, range, etc. Users like us could really specialize in certain areas with limited points of advancement and lots of places to put them. He he he. I'm evil i know. Give the AI everything and you get diddly and see if you can win. That's an insane test. Anyways. Hope they take our ideas to heart and come out with an add on with some cool features or for the next game. Online fighting is ok but i don't have lots of time for that. So, i play the AI alot for fun. Somebody please make a map editor and scenario editor. I like the units, but wouldn't mind seeing some mods. Historical, D&D fantasy, space fantasy. Give us the ability to play with unit pics and abilities. Ideas and more ideas. What do you think gang.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:12 am 
Sea Wolf

Since u asked...i think u should make some time for online combat...where u meet the tactical and strategic geniuses (and less)....some players are very good....so good , i think they have some prescient power (cheating).....
Domination falls very short in some real basics, : the hex-grid exposure is stupid....takes way too long, unlike MAN....by the time it shows up , it goes away again....very frustrating... shouldn't be like that.... :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:49 am 
Tough Nut

And just to irritate the devs more... It's been another month and still not patch. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:38 am 
Sea Wolf

Since a new game might be in development:
Dont make same mistakes as in Domination:
Everything is too slow( MAN is fine, so dont ask me to adjust my graphics, as I've already done that.....and really i should only adjust them if I am greedy and dying for immaculate scenery, unnecessary hassle....the game should be player friendly!!! when it comes out of the box and downloads.....not a pain in the ass.....)
Speaking of pain-in.....STARFORCE!!!!......garbage.....and if that crap is in your next game , count me out......i will quit subscribing to Domination, when my free time runs out anyway ! :evil: JUNK : :evil: !....and somehow try to rid my pc of STARFORCE excrement.......!!!!......hear me now and see me later!
consider i will continue with MAN which is GREAT!.....
consider i will badmouth Domination because of STARFORCE.....and cease that game for all eternity.....yea and verily :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:47 am 
Sea Wolf

Starforce is a Publisher thing. Has nothing to do with the developer (Wargaming). Dreamcatcher is the one to talk to about that.

You won't have to worry about that with MAN 2 since its online distributed, and doesn't need the CD verifier (Starforce).

As far as game speed... games will continue to advance and use the latest technology, which means on older computers they will run slower and slower. That's not going to stop.

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:00 pm 
Sea Wolf

Thanks for the feedback.
Is it going to be MAN 2 then?.....
I haven't seen much about "it".....
I have a feeling that the developers , definitely Dreamcatcher doesn't really care about the common playa like yours truly....
Nah....unfair to the developers, right?....they mean good....and so do I.
However....i think the idea that every new game needs to demand the ultimate extreme in motherboard & graphics is ....business as usual(greed....ignorance....blindness to reality...inability to listen????)
and it is SNAFU! ( "Situation Normal: All F'd Up" ).....
It is too bad (as in "fix it") that MAC users are all kicked to the curb...
but hey. Business as usual.....
Whoever the D**n publishers are , they need to be reading my wonderful thread....so they might learn which way is UP!.....Theirs!
very therapeutic :o
It really would be cool to find out something about the next MAN version...
did u say that i won't need to worry about STArFORCE??
because it will be strictly online internet....? like MAN? sounds good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:35 pm 
Sea Wolf

Read about MAN2 here:
http://www.wargaming.net/news.php

Developers are always pushing the envelope and requiring more and better hardware so that their graphics can look tiptop. Also, they do it because its the better looking games that sell better.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

Thanks much for the link...
what u say is unfortunately true about developers pushing the envelope....like a lot of other trends....it is not for the better....it's just the lemming suicide rite performed by more complex beings.....or maybe monkey see, monkey do.....ah welll......
So even though i have a tremendously valid point or more.....it matters not.....the world keeps turning....and publishing games that real people don't have the stomach for.....(see slow performance due to graphics demands, which are totally unnecessary....)
how about this....do you really believe that the next to impossible level of graphics is really necessary to sell a (new) game?!
poppycock!

:o \
just to hear myself ....i post therefore.....blah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:53 am 
Sea Wolf

There isn't much profit in outdated graphics. Those kind of games are sold in a set of games in a bargain bin. Certainly, they are a lot easier to make, but programmers need to eat, and the money isn't there.

If you're looking for games that will run on an older computer you'll have to look at used games stores or EBay. There are plenty to be found there. There's a price to pay to get the latest and greatest.

Of course there is a very large market for cell phone and handheld games. GBA sells more than any other platform, or did at one time. People are willing to buy games without fancy graphics if they have the convenience of taking them anywhere with them.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:44 pm 
Sea Wolf

i am not looking for games to run on an old pc....
Point i'm just trying to make is:
.....well...my pc is 18 mos old and i won't buy a new one , probly forever, and i have to adjust "down" on graphics in order to play Dom. if i don't want to wait all day to play!.....
sounds like i'm dealing with a hard-headed mentality....but really ...i am making a valid point.....need i say very valid?.....
there's no need to get radical.....but game makers insist !!
anyway.....i look forward to MAN2...thanks!! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:56 pm 
Sea Wolf

So Domination runs fine with toned down graphics? I don't understand the problem...

They've got to allow a full scale of possible graphics settings to reach the hard core gamers that go and buy a $2000 system every few months, as well as those that are more casual. If not, then you get a bunch of complaints about how dated the graphics are, that top-end machines don't get to see any of the latest graphical effects that they are capable of. Computer game companies have to be able to please both the power gamer and the casual gamer, and they do that by allowing a wide range of possible graphics settings.

I'm not trying to attack your view, just trying to understand where you are coming from.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:32 pm 
Sea Wolf

it's all good, as they say in the hood.... :wink:
Are you a developer and can you say what your job decription is?
Mery Christmas.... :o