Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hex indicator colour
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:09 pm 
Veteran

I find that the hex colours for normal ground (yellow) and rough ground (orange) are sometimes very hard to differentiate. I have made mistakes several times because of this. Couldn't you make the colours a little bit more different in your next patch? Or is there a file where one can adjust the colours?

Post subject: Re: Hex indicator colour
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:50 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Tryptamon wrote:
I find that the hex colours for normal ground (yellow) and rough ground (orange) are sometimes very hard to differentiate. I have made mistakes several times because of this. Couldn't you make the colours a little bit more different in your next patch? Or is there a file where one can adjust the colours?

Have you tried to change Gamma in the Graphics Settings?

Post subject: Re: Hex indicator colour
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:58 pm 
Sea Wolf

Tryptamon wrote:

I suggested this a time ago too.
I even asked someone if it was possible to change it in the settings file like you could change the height of the circles around 'dangerous units' but it seems that it ain't possible.

Brown for the rough groung would be nice, since it reminds me of mud, wich is slowly anyhow..

Also, on some maps you have a border from a country next to water, but sometimes you can't get from the water onto the land because a mountain or height difference. When seeing it from the right angle, it's obvious that you can't go onto the land, but from an overview angle I sometimes miss this.. Maybe it's possible to make a darker blue where you can't go onto the land..

Or am I the only one with this problem? (the water-land thing that is); A new set of glasses is a possibility to fix the problem too maybe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:35 am 
Veteran

Tried adjusting the gamma, but it seemed to only alter the brightness of the graphics. Couldn't see any improvement...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:23 am 
Sea Wolf

Truly there are some hexsides that could use a highlighted edge, similar to what was used in Avalon Hill: Panzerblitz mapboards,etc.
Also, when a unit is parked and I can't see what type of terrain is under it, is not good.
If we could point to a hex and get feedback as to the terrain would be a very much nice good thing.
Playability is better than pure physical attraction, as far as this gamer is concerned.
BTW- New patch looks nice. :) Sweet!