Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shortest game?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:17 am 
Tough Nut

So what is the least amount of turns it has taken to win? And I don't mean where the opponent surrenders, but an actual win. I've done two games in 6 turns. Of course, they were against players that were new to MP and I got good starting position, but it was still interesting to move along so quickly. . .

Attachments:
6turns2.rep [16.69 KiB]
Downloaded 1544 times
6turns.rep [17.99 KiB]
Downloaded 1553 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:14 am 
Veteran

Hi,

The 6turns2 was against me :oops: I wouldn't mind you expalining what i did wrong ? you said you had a good starting position plz explain as i'll like to learn :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:42 am 
Tough Nut

I wasn't going to post who the games were against, I didn't want anyone to be mad. So I hope you're not upset that I posted the replay (I didn't mention who they were against).

But it seems like you're not upset and are just looking for a little advice, so here goes:

I had a nice advantage from the start because I was able to right away invade your best country. It meant that you couldn't receive income from that country, and you didn't really have backup right away. So that part there was nothing you could really have done. However, here are a few suggestions: Try to take over neutral countries as soon as possible so that you get their revenue and can then move your forces on to another front. When you invaded the neutral country right away, you didn't follow through. It would have been better to quickly wipe out the guerrellas that I raised, then you could have moved your units in to support the country I was attacking and had revenue to bring in reinforcements. Also, your attack force was only made up of LAV's and Mortors. That is a good combination, but it's also VERY slow. You could have built a few transports to help move your units around faster. You'll notice that when I attacked, I was able to very quickly bring in reinforcements with my tranports. Using tanks with transports means you can load up your unit, move your transport, and unload and fire all on the same turn.

In addition, you delayed disclosing your secret ally that was right above one of my allied countries. You got caught in a defensive battle with no offense counter-attacking me. It might have worked better to disclose that ally sooner, and then invaded my country on the next turn. That would have forced me to try to fight off your invasion, which means that I'm not receiving income from that country and I'm not able to reinforce my battle in your other main country. I would have had to fight the war on 2 fronts, which is hard to do. While there are advanteges to keeping your allies secret for a while, sometimes you need to just disclose them and go for the all-out attack.

Well, those were my observations, I hope they made sense. Maybe some more experienced players would like to add to what I said, or even correct me if I'm wrong?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:10 pm 
Veteran

Wasabe wrote:
I wasn't going to post who the games were against, I didn't want anyone to be mad. So I hope you're not upset that I posted the replay (I didn't mention who they were against).

But it seems like you're not upset and are just looking for a little advice, so here goes:

I had a nice advantage from the start because I was able to right away invade your best country. It meant that you couldn't receive income from that country, and you didn't really have backup right away. So that part there was nothing you could really have done. However, here are a few suggestions: Try to take over neutral countries as soon as possible so that you get their revenue and can then move your forces on to another front. When you invaded the neutral country right away, you didn't follow through. It would have been better to quickly wipe out the guerrellas that I raised, then you could have moved your units in to support the country I was attacking and had revenue to bring in reinforcements. Also, your attack force was only made up of LAV's and Mortors. That is a good combination, but it's also VERY slow. You could have built a few transports to help move your units around faster. You'll notice that when I attacked, I was able to very quickly bring in reinforcements with my tranports. Using tanks with transports means you can load up your unit, move your transport, and unload and fire all on the same turn.

In addition, you delayed disclosing your secret ally that was right above one of my allied countries. You got caught in a defensive battle with no offense counter-attacking me. It might have worked better to disclose that ally sooner, and then invaded my country on the next turn. That would have forced me to try to fight off your invasion, which means that I'm not receiving income from that country and I'm not able to reinforce my battle in your other main country. I would have had to fight the war on 2 fronts, which is hard to do. While there are advanteges to keeping your allies secret for a while, sometimes you need to just disclose them and go for the all-out attack.

Well, those were my observations, I hope they made sense. Maybe some more experienced players would like to add to what I said, or even correct me if I'm wrong?

Thx for the advice :wink: I hope to use this knowledge in my next battle.

Quote:
It might have worked better to disclose that ally sooner, and then invaded my country on the next turn

Can you remember which ally this was called ? and is it possible to miss a turn like this ? i wasn't aware that hadn't disclosed it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:15 pm 
Sea Wolf

Shh! Wasabe, don't give him too much advice, he's in my tournament pool :D

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:31 pm 
Tough Nut

Quote:
Can you remember which ally this was called ? and is it possible to miss a turn like this ? i wasn't aware that hadn't disclosed it.

I'm not sure. . . I hope I am thinking of the right reply, I might have been talking about what happened in the 6turn and not the 6turn2. . . I'll check them again when I get home today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:27 pm 
Veteran

Maelstrom wrote:
Shh! Wasabe, don't give him too much advice, he's in my tournament pool :D

LOL :lol: Come on i'm a n00b so i'm fish bait here :wink: you have to beat me in 7 moves or i win :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

I was looking on the tournament results... looks like Artmax defeated Renegade3mc in 5 turns! Renegade3mc was still on his 4th turn.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:16 pm 
Veteran

Maelstrom wrote:
I was looking on the tournament results... looks like Artmax defeated Renegade3mc in 5 turns! Renegade3mc was still on his 4th turn.

So you recon there's still hope for me then ? :lol: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:15 pm 
Veteran

Maelstrom wrote:

Bah Magistr Honna just beat me on his 5th move :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

Conqueror wrote:
Bah Magistr Honna just beat me on his 5th move :oops:

*wince* Yup, he's a good player. Just think how much you're learning ;).

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:36 pm 
P.L. Marshal

Look Wasabe - seems i have an unique result
i was playing one new guy (not mentioning his name) on planet antarktikus (that was
his idea) and i won the game in _three_ turns (i was playing for FNU)
he had a rather good position in center of map but allowed me to capture one neutral and one his ally and invade other two allies - was enough to drop balance to 340% by the end of turn three.

Attachments:
MrakvsZonAntark.rep [10.41 KiB]
Downloaded 1590 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:10 am 
Conscript

I got a fifth(PL) turn win...

Attachments:
File comment: Labeled turn four because he only had four so the top of screen said 'Turn 4' :p
JALbert(PL-W)vsBileFrothEndturn4.rep [11.93 KiB]
Downloaded 1613 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:34 am 
Sea Wolf

Not quite unique, Mrak, as I just had a game hit 300% Balance after three turns. However, it didn't seem to want to give me the win just yet for some reason. I'll post the replay once the game gets around to deciding that I've won.

Of course, yours is still more impressive, as mine is on Emerald as PL :D

A: Oooh look, a kitty!!!