Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Windows error on game exit
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:31 pm 
Levy

Hi - I just downloaded the game today and so far I like it (was a big fan of MA). The only problem I'm having is that the game will not exit gracefully. Often after confirming "Exit to Windows" the game will lock, and I can only get out by bringing up the tasklist and stopping the process.

I always get a Windows error when I return to the desktop that the application has encountered a problem and will be shut down. This happens if the game exits properly or not.

This is not a big deal, since it's only happening when I want to exit the game anyway. However, I would like to see if it could be resolved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:29 pm 
Levy

Well now the problems have become worse. I get these errors sometimes now during gameplay, and even worse is that this install has caused my graphics card to display garbled graphics.

This problem even carried over into other games, and only happens in 3d applications. Uninstalling the game caused these problems to stop in other games.

What does this game install do to your graphics drivers to create such problems? I noticed that after the game installs you are prompted to reboot, that would indicate to me that some system files are changed during installation.

Please advise what to do here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:02 am 
Developer

MAN2 installation does not contain any files which could influence your videocard.

As soon as MAN2 locks or crashes execute bug_report.exe, it's located in the same folder as man2.exe. The bug report will be generated, just attach it (bug_report.gz file) and send to support@wargaming.net.

We will examine the report sent by you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:36 pm 
Sea Wolf

How much system memory are you running? I had many crash problems when i was running 1 gig and they all cleared up when i increased my ram to 2 gig--this game takes a lot especially if you play in the "offline" mode at times.