Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: About secret allies/enemys
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:40 am 
Conscript

When I move the mouse over a neutral territory, I sometimes see an icon telling me that the country is possible hostile, allied or neutral to me. What is deciding this state of the icon? This happened to me yesterday when I was playing, I disclosed a country and after that I saw that the neighbouring country had a red icon that stated it is a possible hostile country. After my turn my enemy disclosed that country. So isn't this destroying the use of secret allies, that I was hinted that this was an enemy ally? Or was this only a coincidence? Is the ally-state of the country calculated randomly without any affections by if it's enemy or neutral?

Post subject: Re: About secret allies/enemys
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:40 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Vantskruv wrote:
When I move the mouse over a neutral territory, I sometimes see an icon telling me that the country is possible hostile, allied or neutral to me. What is deciding this state of the icon? This happened to me yesterday when I was playing, I disclosed a country and after that I saw that the neighbouring country had a red icon that stated it is a possible hostile country. After my turn my enemy disclosed that country. So isn't this destroying the use of secret allies, that I was hinted that this was an enemy ally? Or was this only a coincidence? Is the ally-state of the country calculated randomly without any affections by if it's enemy or neutral?

There are 3 types of countries on the main part of planets (some planets has just 1 or 2 types): small (revenue 2$), medium (revenue 3$) and large (revenue 4$). Numbers of countries on planets and number of secret allies of each type you can see in the statistic.
How it works with icon on map?
For example, there are 3 countries with revenue 4$ on the planet. You can see icon of your secret ally and 2 other countries is marked as possible opponent’s secret ally. Opponent start invasion in one of these two countries, you know, that it is not your secret ally and it can’t be opponent’s secret ally, so it’s neutral country and last country with revenue 4$ is secret ally of your opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:23 pm 
Conscript

I think I understand. So the game helps you calculate if a country is undisclosed enemy or not. E.g. if a planet has 3 4$-countries of, lets say, 10 countries (doesn't matter anyway). The first 4$-country is my secret ally. The enemy invades the second 4$-country, so now we know that the third 4$-country is the enemies secret ally, and the game helps you to define it as the enemies secret ally. But if there is 4 4$-countries in the example above, I can't know which one of two countries left is the secret ally of my enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:29 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Yes, you are right. Game just help you in the case, when you can easy check situation.