Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:17 am 
Veteran

Once a trial player reaches 5000 points all other gained points and his rank are cut off till he becomes a lifetime member (pays for the game).

In another thread I asked Nick that question about clan wars too but got no answer. Again, will we be able to play clan wars in the next three month? Do you really need 1000+ lifetime member for financing clan wars? How about a tournament if clan wars are not ready yet? I'm pretty sure that a lot of trial players would pay for the game if there is a real competition.

@storm:
Nick_WN/Mike wrote:
On April 2, 2007 game server of outdated versions will be shifted to the mode, which forbids creating new games and registering new profiles so players will be able just to finish their current games. At the same time all existent profiles of the games Massive Assault, Domination: Massive Assault and Massive Assault Network will be transferred into MAN2. All the players will get notification message with detailed instructions of profile restoring. Wargaming.net grants 20 free games on all the planets for those players, who play Massive Assault and Domination: Massive Assault. Remaining subscription time of MAN players will be automatically transferred to MAN 2.

Quoted from here:
http://www.massiveassault.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=11384

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:27 pm 
Tough Nut

Tiger wrote:
If your opponent have subscription, better write to him message before finish by time-limit. Perhaps, he just couldn't play last days. New rules about 0 points for victory on turn #0 was added mainly for mentors, because of many trial player don't play any turn in the battle (they don't play after creating profile).

But why should I be punished for him forfeiting the match? It's not my responsibility to see that he finishes the game, and I shouldn't be expected to have to send him messages asking him to play his turn. The idea that I should be punished for my opponent's inability or unwillingness to continue the game is simply ludicrous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:26 pm 
Supreme Marshal

heihojin wrote:
Tiger wrote:
If your opponent have subscription, better write to him message before finish by time-limit. Perhaps, he just couldn't play last days. New rules about 0 points for victory on turn #0 was added mainly for mentors, because of many trial player don't play any turn in the battle (they don't play after creating profile).

But why should I be punished for him forfeiting the match? It's not my responsibility to see that he finishes the game, and I shouldn't be expected to have to send him messages asking him to play his turn. The idea that I should be punished for my opponent's inability or unwillingness to continue the game is simply ludicrous.

I think if you was so active in the game, as on this topic, you already was General or Marshal :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:25 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Morn wrote:
How about a tournament if clan wars are not ready yet? I'm pretty sure that a lot of trial players would pay for the game if there is a real competition.

I very hope that the first tournament in the MAN2 could be started soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:24 pm 
Tough Nut

Tiger wrote:
I think if you was so active in the game, as on this topic, you already was General or Marshal :lol:

Indeed. Just think how many times I could have beaten the A.I. in the time that I've spent on the forums! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:52 pm 
Sea Wolf

You have been able to play for free for all of this time, is this not benifit enought?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:38 pm 
Tough Nut

storm440 wrote:
You have been able to play for free for all of this time, is this not benifit enought?

Storm, was this directed at me? I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:20 pm 
Sea Wolf

No, it was in response to lance hunters post, but while i was writing my response several other posts came in :oops:

Post subject: Re: Some adjustments to the rating system
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:05 am 
Veteran

[quote="Nick_WN"]Greetings!

Another important update is the End Turn Ratio which gives some % out of victory bonus depending on the turn you end the game. The main idea is to avoid giving huge bonus for 'easy victory' - when your opponent just doesn't bother to make his turns and you get complete victory bonus on Turn 0. You can download the full file with % ratio for all the planets at:
http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/do ... _Ratio.xls

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Dear developers!
First of all I address to Nick!!!!!!!!.
On yours the victory over 7-8 course over maps "S" and "M" - thus is given 40 % of spots it correctly?

Personally at me on maps of such size fight longer and to not last. Also that turns out....? I shall always receive 40 % of spots. Whether it seems to you that it is absurdity?

Generally on small maps for that who well is able to play to 5-6 course already to become clearly who has won. And on Sea Switzerland by 10-12 too all is clear to a course.

And on this map on your system reception of 100 % of spots only to 21 course is possible!!!! It is correct - as you think?

Can be is better make system similar in the Russian version of " Network wars "?
For small maps

1-2 course - 20 %
3 course - 40 %
4 course - 70 %
5 course - 100 %
(About such system)

For big too it is possible to reduce all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:28 am 
Sea Wolf

i agree with shadow d to an extent. I just finished a game on betorum in about 10 moves and only recieved 40%. My opponent did not surrender and fought every move but he had a bad layout and i was able to overwhelm his quite quickly so i was penalized for not draging out the game and taking longer to win it. But i disagree with his take on large maps, i play almost all large map games and very very few are determined before 15 to 20 moves, if then (as long as you are playing a good opponent)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:20 pm 
Tough Nut

XS and S map games can be decided in less than 5 moves.

I don't care what the effect on the points are in the new ranking system, but please make sure that the future skill based ranking system gives proper recognition for quick victories. If anything a faster vistory should yield more points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:26 am 
Sea Wolf

I can't beliver I get MORE points for being BAD player and not being able to finish off a player that is clearly in a losing position....

So from now on I shall just "SKIP" my turn if I am far ahead - and give the poor soul a chance to survive - well - until I can get full points? (please excuse my sarcasm)

Simple interim solution until Glicko is back....

1. Complete Victory = Full points - no matter how quick you are.

2. Surrender stays under the % for turns rules. (To stop quick accumulation of pleople with say 2 accounts (ie Full paying member who opens a trial account - challenges himself 1000 times - then surrenders 1000 times). Don't think its not likely - the current points system encourages mass production lines for points - not skill or class - just mindless grunt power.....

To sum up - The quicker a 2 tiered system is in place the better.

Having once again said my piece - let me reiterate that I appreciate the efforts the developers are making to encourage new players, and that it takes time to get it right.

Good Luck in a speedy resolution to the on-going ranking system debate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:46 am 
Tough Nut

I just want a remark that players "place" in "send personal challenge" table not corresponds to "place" in "my profile" menu after last changes in rating system. The same in chat menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:28 am 
Supreme Marshal

Alliance wrote:
I just want a remark that players "place" in "send personal challenge" table not corresponds to "place" in "my profile" menu after last changes in rating system. The same in chat menu.

You should click over title of column in the "send personal challenge" table to change order of sorting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 am 
Tough Nut

Yes, but for example i have 878 place according "my profile" on the one hand, and 188 place according "send challenge" table on the other hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:46 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Alliance wrote:
Yes, but for example i have 878 place according "my profile" on the one hand, and 188 place according "send challenge" table on the other hand.

In the "send challenge" table you can see all ACTIVE players during last seven days. In your profile you can see your place in the list of all registrated players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:20 am 
Supreme Marshal

Hello,

The rating system "Nicko" has been changed. New End Turn Ratio you can see here:

Size of map
Turn___XS______S________M________L________XL
1_____20%____16,7%____14,3%____12,5%____10%
2_____40%____33,3%____28,6%____25,0%____20%
3_____60%____50,0%____42,9%____37,5%____30%
4_____80%____66,7%____57,1%____50,0%____40%
5_____100%___83,3%____71,4%____62,5%____50%
6_____________100%____85,7%____75,0%____60%
7______________________100%____87,5%____70%
8_______________________________100%____80%
9________________________________________90%
10_______________________________________100%

Additionally, now victory in the mentoring games without any turn don't counted in the W/L statistic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:43 pm 
Developer

Greetings,

I’d like to update everyone that we keep working on improving rating system and soon we release patch that will feature both experience-based system (Nicko) and skill-based system (Glicko).

During the last week Artmax fixed bugs with Chat Server crash and greatly improve the speed of ‘updating avatars’ request (over 100 times faster now).
He also keeps working on improving Glicko system.

This time we’d like to know the opinion of experienced players who played through ALL the planets. We’d like you to tell us YOUR version on how to rate maps in accordance of their difficulty basing on your experience. Just suggest your coefficients taking Beotorum map difficulty as 1.0.

You can see the whole list of planets at:
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/maps.php (placing mouse cursor over planet will show up the number of countries)

We’re looking forward to your feedback,
Nick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:31 pm 
Sea Wolf

Here's my input, though I don't qualify as much since I haven't been able to play much lately and haven't even played a lot of the new maps.

Here's how I'd rate the planets I've played, considering the value of good strategy vs luck:

0.2 Bizarria
0.4 V6/V6 Demo
0.5 Brimstone
0.6 Emerald
0.6 Butterfly
0.8 Antarticus
0.8 Crateus
0.8 Eden
0.9 Twin Islands
0.9 Noble Rust
1.0 Beotrum
1.0 Anubis
1.2 Wasserland
1.3 New Paradise
1.5 Trinity

Haven't played on Inferno, Station "Thunder", Treasure Island, Micronesia, Midgard, The Swamp, San Fernando, or Lion's Eye

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:05 pm 
Sea Wolf

I have a little different point of view:
.3 V6 demo
.5 v6, bizarria
.75 brimstone, emerald, treasure island and antarticus
1 beotrum, eden, butterfly, San Fernando, and Lion's eye
1.5 inferno, micronesia. midgard, noble rust, twin islands
2 the swamp, anubis
3 trinity, new paradise and sea swiss
3.5 wasserland
I have never played station thunder so i leave that out of the mix.
I think the larger maps have a much greater degree of difficulity and the rewards for winning on them should also be much greater. The number of units controlled on trinity, New Paradise or sea swiss is at least triple what you would have on beotrum and the games usually take at least 3 times as long. It is just my personal belief that wasserland calls for the most difficult choices of straitgy and choice of land versus sea units, that placed it at the top on my list.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next