Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Patch Problem
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:40 pm 
Levy

Hi there i wonder if someone can help me ive just bought the Massive Assault game and i had no troubling installing the game.But when it came to installing the latest patch i am now unable to run the game comes up with an error message on desktop.The version i have is GMX and i d/loaded the English patch version but unable to run it from the new exe icon can only run the game from the original exe icon if i cant sort this out i might return the game which looks good so far so any ideas what i can do would be appreciated thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:10 pm 
P.L. Marshal

what kind of error message? and do you have CD in drive when you lauch patched game.if no place it in drive and it should launch normally

Last edited by Mrakobes on Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:39 pm 
Thanks for your reply.I get a message on my desktop that says MA this program has performed an illegal operation and will close down.Underneath there is an icon to give details.Could there be a conflict with the original exe icon with the new one?Look forward to your reply thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:40 pm 
Oh i forgot yes i do have the CD in the drive which i usually do with my games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:01 pm 
P.L. Marshal

go to the
http://massiveassault.com/support.php
and fill support request attaching your Dxdiag and MA log files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

Usually most problems like that have been with drivers/hardware

NWO website:
http://www.freewebs.com/massiveassault-nwo/index.htm

Clan War website:
http://www.massiveassault.com/clans/nwo/ClanWar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:39 pm 
Hi there ive done as you advised me and sent my problem with my computer details to the support group i hope they will reply i never had a problem with a game patch before i was looking forward to having the improved AI and the three difficulty levels well i ll wait and see now thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 5:45 pm 
Well as i said i had no problems with the original game i even turned off my firewall and antivirus to see if it would work.And my drivers are the latest i d/loaded for 64mb Geforce 420 graphics card so its a mystery to me why this is happening now.I admit the game req is a bit more than the processor of my computer mine is 466 celeron with 256 ram and has 9.01b directX but i manage to run the original as i do with some other games that have higher reqs well i see what happens thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:50 am 
Sea Wolf

If you haven't already, reinstall and see if it can run, then redownload the patch and see it the game works after patching. It's entirely possible that something went wrong during the patching process (or that there was a problem with your download) which caused corruption of the executable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:13 am 
Hi thanks when you say reinstall do i uninstall the game first and also i notice when i uninstall the game it gives me a list of files that it says do i want to uninstall as well that were there before or after i installed the game which i presume are the files from the latest patch do i leave them there or uninstall them as well.This is certainly not a straightforward game.Has anyone else manage to install the patch without any trouble thanks for any help.I d/loaded a patch from the Wargamer site the English version and it still happened could there be something wrong with the disk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:48 am 
Sea Wolf

Hmm, its possible you might have downloaded the wrong patch version. There are two english patches, one for Europe, and one for America. Where did you buy the game?

And the best place to download the patch is at the Massive Assault official page, http://www.massiveassault.com/patch.php

I had no problem installing the American version.

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:09 am 
Hi i bought the game from the Games shop in England.It has the GMX media logo on the box and on the disk so that was the version i d/loaded from the site that i had on the game i installed where you put in your name then your email address.The American version i saw was to do with the Matrix site unless all this means nothing i ll try the American version if you like look forward to your reply thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:11 am 
Hi i tried your site that was the one i went to and d/loaded from some people ive spoken think the patch might be faulty.Thats why i want to know if other people have installed it with no problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:26 am 
Hi there i tried the American version the Matrix one and it comes up asking me for the right CD disk so its not that one so it must be the GMX English version which must be faulty let me know if anyone else has that version thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 2:05 pm 
Sea Wolf

There are several UK poeple that have been able to download and install the GMX version, at least I haven't heard any complaints from them. You'll have to wait for the email from support. They should be able to figure out what is going on with your ma.log and dxdiag files

NWO website:

Clan War website:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:16 pm 
Hi thanks i have received a reply from the support group and have asked m to send the log file that appears after i start the game with the new patch installed i dont know if my sound drivers might be the cause but surely they would have affected the original game well i wait and see what the support group have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 4:49 am 
and what happening with you update? did they help you?
i've the same problem with same symptomps.