Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

which features improve in priority for this game ?
Ergonomy of the game (i.e. simpler network interface, stability of the game, ...) 9%  9%  [ 6 ]
Visual and aspect of the game (i.e. better graphics and sounds) 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Artificial Intelligence (i.e. hard AI opponent, possibility to have different levels of skills, ...) 10%  10%  [ 7 ]
Strategy and game rules (i.e. new units types, possibility to play with more than 2 players on the same map, ...) 33%  33%  [ 22 ]
Developed Clan War and Tournament systems 45%  45%  [ 30 ]
Total votes : 67
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:28 pm 
Supreme Marshal

enpeze wrote:
-naval - anti aircraft

You can create it by using Platform ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:23 pm 
Sea Wolf

Enpeze, while the suggestions you make are interesting, i would think that they would make a already complex game over the top in its complexity. I know that many players play much faster than I but are you actually saying that you start and finish a complete game on the large maps---sea swiss, trinity, new paradise or wasserland all in one day? If so, how many do you win :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:58 pm 
Tough Nut

storm440 wrote:
Enpeze, while the suggestions you make are interesting, i would think that they would make a already complex game over the top in its complexity. I know that many players play much faster than I but are you actually saying that you start and finish a complete game on the large maps---sea swiss, trinity, new paradise or wasserland all in one day? If so, how many do you win :wink:

Oh yes I can play them against the AI, but not against humans so much. Huge maps like Switzerland I can finish in one day, (about 6- 8h) large maps even faster. And I win almost the whole time (9 of 10 games against the AI) on hard setting. :)

I dont think that MAN is that complex. The rules are simple and there are not many features. The preplanning is the only complex thing in MAN. (and also the best feature IMO) I am coming from tabletop wargaming/PC wargaming, so I am used to play much more complex games. (like ASL, Totaler Krieg etc.)

I know my suggestions would alter the path of the game (maybe even screw it up), but it was just brainstorming, nothing serious.

Tiger,
many thanks for the good idea with the anti air ship platform. I only fear this combo is a little bit slow and vulnerable against battleships or leviathans but otherwise its great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:50 am 
Tough Nut

Where was I when this poll was taken?????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:53 am 
Tough Nut

Never mind got my answer. An other question thogh. How come my avatar appears when I post a message and it does not appeare, or accepthe in game mode???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:08 am 
Sea Wolf

The game avatar has to be a slightly smaller size than the one you can use in the forum. If you are using an 80 x 80 avatar it will only work in the forum. The game requires a 60 x 60 so perhaps this is the problem.

Post subject: more than 1v1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:21 pm 
Tough Nut

Ive played about 700 games of man2, I usually have about 100 games on the go at a time. Generally I dont care how long a turn takes, I simply load the game, assess the situation make my moves, so turns taking longer, np. More players would be nice, but then again would it... This is a turn based game, you can take as long as you want to make moves, at least if you win or lose, its your fault. Multiplayer games like 40k, supcom, COH, these are real time, you need allies, but isnt it damned annoying when you get one noob on your team, instaloss or instawin if the other team have the noob.

I would prefer more units, something bigger and better than the 10pt battle ships or the 6pt carriers. Obviously balanced units. It gets a bit boring sometimes when the best thing you can do is spam 10pt battle ships and carriers, sometimes you just want more.

I like the transport/amphibians combo and the carrier with 4 fighters, modular building, its a shame you cant modular build other units.
or upgrade them, or gain uprades through experience.

I'd like to see capitols with weapon upgrades. And maybe the ability to add more fighter bays.

I'd also like some way to move units great distances quickly, on some of the bigger maps it gets to be a real chore bringing in troops from the way rear. Maybe a navel transport that can transport ANYTHING, but can only move unlimited spaces in a straight clear line and unloads only before it moves and has few hp. Or a teleporter, but you have to build gates at each end which maybe cost 4pts each or 8pts for a super gate. These gates have hp so they would have to be built in a safe location. Once the gate is built it will only link to one other gate and like turrets it cant be self destructed.
Or a heavy transport plane than can hop only from friendly citys like fighters.

Or perhaps better or not, im not sure, is to use a wrap arround map, maybe wraps left & right, or maybe in both directions...

Another thing, nothing to do with units, I often wish I could place text markers on the map, Or on units, For example I am moving a transport in the rear, its going to take about 10 turns to get it when i want it, so i click on it, say set waypoint and it draws an arrow to the destination. Also clear waypoint. I dont expect the unit to move automatically to the way point, just that it shows me next turn where i wanted it to go. Also with a text note that pops up, I could leave notes for myself, so i can plan better.

bit of a rant here, but i dont post often...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:46 am 
Sea Wolf

Being able to replay the same setups or preset scenarios would be of much interest and would open a complete new universe.
You players have obviously given very little true thought to this easily implemented option. Some high-rankers aren't interested because their rank could be threatened by removing the emphasis on secret allies. This need not be true.
--Playing with multi-players will result in one or more players skewing the game for another player who will take advantage of opportunity.
--Graphics is something I turn down to minimum so that I can play the game more smoothly. Most chess sets have very simple pieces on a very basic board because the game is about PLAY, not looks.
Yes, this is only one opinion, but I want to give food for thought (not trying to "slam" someone elses notions). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:51 am 
Sea Wolf

Expleto has interesting ideas.
Some of these other improvement options are very limited and sound like a waste of time.
Consider while you think: This game is a greatly expanded version of chess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 am 
Sea Wolf

I totally agree with Rextrent thougth....hope devs or some other will give a chance to this options too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:07 am 
Tough Nut

I like the idea of multiple players, 3+ per game. However, the rankings would need to stay seperate, and not affect the standard 1on1 rankings at all. That way you could mix things up, try crazy stuff out, even have Marshalls try to take on multiple lower ranks, without the fear of losing the precious rank!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:29 am 
Tough Nut

I've thought about this a little bit more... What would be really fun in MAN is a "skirmish" mode, where we could play non-standard games off of the official rankings.

Some of the possibilities could include 3 or more players, replaying old battles with known ally locations, player-chosen country/ally locations, extreme resource allocations, unit # caps, eliminated units, etc.

Some fun scenarios might be; replaying a battle with the same opponant only the positions swapped, playing a battle without naval units beyond the transport, & 2 players teaming up to try to beat a Marshall.

The devs could even enable some new units for testing.

The important thing is that it would be "off the record", like a "sandbox" mode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:31 am 
Developer

NucLe@r-UFO wrote:
I've thought about this a little bit more... What would be really fun in MAN is a "skirmish" mode, where we could play non-standard games off of the official rankings.

Some of the possibilities could include 3 or more players, replaying old battles with known ally locations, player-chosen country/ally locations, extreme resource allocations, unit # caps, eliminated units, etc.

Some fun scenarios might be; replaying a battle with the same opponant only the positions swapped, playing a battle without naval units beyond the transport, & 2 players teaming up to try to beat a Marshall.

The devs could even enable some new units for testing.

The important thing is that it would be "off the record", like a "sandbox" mode.

3+ players can't play together - this is MAN2 engine restriction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 pm 
Sea Wolf

what about the variable of the weather, in addiction?? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:36 am 
Veteran

I really like to see 3+ players, but players should not be allowed to work together. Problem would be also who get's the guerrillas? Maybe they should be taken by AI (color white?) and a player nearby could get into the country to help and finally take over if he pushes the invader out.
New Planets of course would always be great :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:19 am 
Sea Wolf

2 vs 2 woul dbe great.

Each team takes turns.... the next player of the enemy would get the guerilla's

The trick would be to have each player make the right moves not just for his own countries - but also for the whole war (does he help his ally or does he defend his country - what is the best long term stragegy...

This would add a huge level of strategy.

think about it - 4 players (light green and dark green vs light red and dark red)

like doubles in tennis - the best players in singles may not be the best team players - the best team would be players who play together often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 am 
Conscript

i hope you understand my english :

new units like : a unit which can drop mine (1pt move, 1 pt life, put 1 mine by turn.), association of unit (example a transport+tank= unit 6pts life, 6 pts move, 2pts fire) : creators could find associations like this and let the players find them !

Please : new and huge planets

i agree with the fact that apparence are not important, just the game is.

increase IA level.

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:45 am 
Sea Wolf

One opinion slightly off-topic, but not really:
It's good to see player posting with less-than perfect English:
It's more important to give the player's opinion than to have perfect language. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:38 pm 
Conscript

a better AI would be really fine. At least the same like in the original game. which had a "hard" setting - more countries to reveal. I think such a improvement would not be that difficult to implement. Of course better would be a REALLY superior AI, but this seems a big investment in work hours and I am not sure if it pays off with just 400 or so subscriptions.

All in all I think the big problem why the game is not developing more is contrary to many other games not the game per se. Sadly its rather the few subscribers. I really love the game but the maintenance of MAN2 seems like the hobby of some devoted fans to me.

Post subject: Re: which features improve in priority for this game ?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:56 am 
Sea Wolf

Hi,
what about new features?....is there something new?? will Man3 be realised soon or we have to wait the right time? :wink: