Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am 
Sea Wolf

timm wrote:
I am very appreciative of the efforts of a few individuals to keep this game running and updated. There are only a few hundred regular players, and we pay nothing for this service.

Excuse me? I've payed for the game didn't I?

I agree full that it wasn't that big of cash for a lifetime membership, and agree even more that they don't have a montly fee..
But that was what Wargaming decided. (If there was a montly fee I wouldn't have bought the game.)

Don't get me wrong, I DO apreciate the action Wargaming do, but on the other hand I don't think that it's an abnormal service they deliver..

But I WON'T complain about maps, since I see this as extra's, I've payed for the game with the maps included at thаt moment, so everything that comes afterworts is a bonus imho..

For the map complainers, just wait, I've catched a rumour for some cool things to come..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:49 pm 
Developer

Bokkie wrote:
timm wrote:
I am very appreciative of the efforts of a few individuals to keep this game running and updated. There are only a few hundred regular players, and we pay nothing for this service.

Excuse me? I've payed for the game didn't I?

I agree full that it wasn't that big of cash for a lifetime membership, and agree even more that they don't have a montly fee..
But that was what Wargaming decided. (If there was a montly fee I wouldn't have bought the game.)

Don't get me wrong, I DO apreciate the action Wargaming do, but on the other hand I don't think that it's an abnormal service they deliver..

But I WON'T complain about maps, since I see this as extra's, I've payed for the game with the maps included at thаt moment, so everything that comes afterworts is a bonus imho..

For the map complainers, just wait, I've catched a rumour for some cool things to come..

Most of wargaming.net personal doing another wargame, about WW2. I played it, it's awesome.

There will be a massive update for massive assault, please be patient :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:27 pm 
Sea Wolf

Why are the maps and even the latest patches not published on either the MAN2 or Wargaming.net sites?! The only reason I know this exists is because someone hosted a game using this map!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:34 am 
Veteran

A Black Hole Sucked Up Altaliman

The scientists of Wargaming.net had barely discovered Altaliman when a huge black hole sucked up the new planet of M.A.N. 2 Universe. But don’t get upset! Our astronomical department had made a pint measure hold a quart: the new coordinates of Altaliman are known now. Make sure to download it here - http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/do ... tch_en.exe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:40 am 
Tough Nut

help!! i applied the patch from within the game per the message and now MAN2 will not start. program and shortcut icons are generic. what happened? more importantly, how do i fix??? i gots games waiting.

please help me, someone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:33 pm 
Supreme Marshal

Please, download and install the last patch again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 pm 
Tough Nut

i already did. same results.

i get the message

man2 is unable to continue

immediately after starting the program.

Post subject: Man2 broken after patch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:05 pm 
Conscript

Same for me!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:28 pm 
Conscript

i finally reinstall full version and complete map pack, restore profil. MAN is now running. All is fine except that if i choose the new map in games i have a crash!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:16 pm 
Tough Nut

what did you download for the reinstall? did you use your original activation code?

c'mon support, you got a bad patch here. fix it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:45 pm 
Tough Nut

I applied the patch as well with the same results, game would not start. I deleted the patch, reinstalled the game and map pack so it's working again. I always have the game and maps in my downloads folder in case I have to do a re-install. I asked earlier that the new map be included in the map pack, and would be nice if the new map was a separate download which we could add to the existing map folder in the game as well. I am not willing to keep applying a patch that I've had this problem with a couple of months ago, as the results are always the same, that the game stops working and has to be uninstalled then reinstalled. All we want is a download for the map, not the map included in the patch. Please get us a link up for the new map and integrate it into the map pack download, that's all most of us need. The patch problem might be happening for vista users only, not sure but anyone with xp having this same problem? 8)

That's what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we've changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:33 pm 
Tough Nut

i am xp.

did you uninstall before reinstalling?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:45 am 
Developer

Sorry, it's my fault.
I re-uploaded the patch
http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/downlo ... tch_en.exe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:31 am 
Sea Wolf

LanceHunter wrote:
The patch problem might be happening for vista users only, not sure but anyone with xp having this same problem? 8)

I'm running XP SP3 and have no problem at all. (Using .255 for a few weeks now). Although I have to run it in with admin rights (I've turned a lot of rights off for normal users) otherwise it crashes even before it's started..

I hope your problems will be solved asap!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:27 pm 
Tough Nut

"Sorry, it's my fault.
I re-uploaded the patch "

ok, i'm good now. only lost one game to timeout. thanks.