Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Would you pay for MAN2.5
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:11 pm 
Tough Nut

You guys at wargaming net could so easily make a good few bucks and keep us happy to, simply make a hand full more units, a few more maps, maybe some minor changes to the game (like maybe letting us chose custom unitsets) and hey presto u have man 2.5. I would rebuy my lifetime sub for that:) anyone else...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 pm 
Sea Wolf

I won't.

Post subject: more $$$
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:20 pm 
Conscript

I would :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:36 am 
Tough Nut

While I would happily pay for something like an additional map pack, I doubt it's worth the hassle.

In the meantime, I am happy to receive new features and maps for free. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:49 am 
Veteran

I would happily pay the fee again if:
-Two or three more units added
-couple more medium/large maps (could be smaller maps fused together)
-Fixed and improved AI
-New gameplay styles available

All of this shouldn't be too hard. Maybe you can borrow some stuff from Galactic Assault? ;)

Post subject: Re: Would you pay for MAN2.5
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:21 am 
Veteran

expleto wrote:
custom unitsets

This sounds great for me, would be great fun if you could give your units some fine painting ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Tough Nut

I say release SDK and unleash the power of the modding community.

Some tool to submit 3d models and unit stats and every now and then the team can officialize them in a patch. Imagine play Man2 with ww2 vehicles for example ... or...humans vs aliens.

Many things really are possible and i think the best would be to employ free work from passion driven community. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:32 am 
Sea Wolf

GShock74 wrote:
Imagine play Man2 with ww2 vehicles for example ... or...humans vs aliens.

There are already games where you can do that.. Ofcourse they aren't like MAN2..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:02 pm 
Veteran

i wouldn't pay. imho more units does not increase strategic depth (i'm sure this can be argued for pages and pages, i do like the 'copters, subs, turrets and airsheilds though). maps would be nice but not enough to make me pay another $50. speaking of which, i've always been surprised that there is no earth, europe, asia, north america, etc map.

develop a reasonable set of rules for than 2 players - that i would pay more money for. simultaneous moves followed by attack? i think it could be done, the classic board game diplomacy does it - basically if two units want to move to the same space no one moves. or you could have an initiative: a tank has higher initiative than an lav (it's faster). if a tank and an lav want to move to the same space the tank gets to move there. injured units could also lose some initiative (based on percentage of injury).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:21 pm 
Tough Nut

In a nut shell, were only gunna get an upgrade to this game if the devs feel that they will make some money on it, after all, no one works for nothing, so if you want some more improvements leave a comment, maybe they will take notice. I thought it would be quite good if it cost like 10p (10% british pound) per game, but only the loser pays, so both players pay 10p as the game starts and the winner gets refunded. Sounds like a lot, but I play this game a lot, but ive still only played about 600 games, and lost about 250 of them, so i would have paid about Ј25, same as what i already have for the lifetime sub. I think I would have hung in there a bit more on a few of the games if i had to pay when i lost, i might also take a bit more time over my games. That payment model is very reasonable and would ensure that the devs got a steady stream (albiet small) of income, and thus might feel a bit more inclined to work on the game. You could also let the loser off paying if the game went on for say 2X the revenue limit, so if u make it to turn 20 on a 10 turn rev limit u get it free, encourages peeps to hang in there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:30 pm 
Tough Nut

Theoretically all new releases get an increased visibility through website, distributors, game magazines, web reviews.

The hard core gamers coming from ma and through man2 would surely be offered a discount. I would buy it thats for sure but look at the engine and the ideas...the only development limit to this universe is imagination. 8)