Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cheat for choose coutries
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:56 am 
Levy

Hey there,

First of all, i'm french so please excuse my bad english.

On many games against someone (that i won't tell name), i'm constantly having bad luck with countries i own and coutries he have.
For example the last one, he disclosed his 18 to invade one of my 12 on first turn, which i choosed to not reveal and on second he disclosed a 12 to invade one of my 8, which i tried to defend and turn after one coutry is disclosed on the back. One this one, it was a big map with tons of neutral countries so i really get pissed off. He always have coutries that are regrouped and is almost always ready to invade one of my countries on first move. Plus, this person is high classed so it might not be so surprising...

I searched a bit on the forum but it looks like noone even thinked about that kind of cheat so i'm asking here...

Do you think it's possible to have a cracked version of the game that allow player to choose his countries and opponents coutries when sending a challenge? He always sends challenge to me and never the opposite so i thought it could be a clue... Or am i just very very very unlucky?

Post subject: Re: Cheat for choose coutries
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:18 pm 
Veteran

barbe63 wrote:
Do you think it's possible to have a cracked version of the game that allow player to choose his countries and opponents coutries when sending a challenge? He always sends challenge to me and never the opposite so i thought it could be a clue... Or am i just very very very unlucky?

Your games (from challenges) are generated by the MAN2 server. It doesn't have anything to do with the game you have installed on your computer. Those who have the knowledge and access to this server could mess with the random generator but I don't think that this has happened yet or will happen. If I knew about such a manipulation, I would stop playing this game and I think many others too.

edit: To answer your last question: Yes, I think you were just very very very unlucky.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:18 am 
Levy

Thanks for your reply Morn.

I just learned the player i was talking about was punished by an admin because he was asking him if there were a way to cheat by choosing coutries after i was calling him a cheater (according to this player). Now his rank is not in top 20 anymore and i talked to him, he feels angry about that, feeling that admins don't want *put the name of the player's country here* players in top 20, and that wasn't the first time... So what happened? Can we please have an admin answer?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:30 pm 
Veteran

barbe63 wrote:
I just learned the player i was talking about was punished by an admin because he was asking him if there were a way to cheat by choosing coutries after i was calling him a cheater (according to this player)...

This player is Yannium (or walla - second nick), isn't it?
If yes - there is hot topic about him viewtopic.php?f=40&t=25711
P.S. If you're really interested - you can use Google Translate :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm 
Sea Wolf

barbe63 wrote:
.....Now his rank is not in top 20 anymore ....So what happened? Can we please have an admin answer?

This shameless French player yannium (another nicks – walla, Sayan, soregor, Inception, valtan, etc….) increases his glicko rank by losing himself.At the beginng, he did it like « yannium – walla» , now like «walla –Inception».And 2 years yannium-walla is crying about Russian admin conspiracy agaist him ( « Jedi = Stalin, LeRoy = cheater », etc….).For his unfair manipulation with ranking he was punished.Only for that.

Attachments:
339980513.jpg
339980513.jpg [ 160.49 KiB | Viewed 23373 times ]
339980564.jpg
339980564.jpg [ 140.73 KiB | Viewed 23373 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:15 pm 
Levy

You'll never know how much i thank you for this information :)

Actually, i was suspecting walla (so yeah it's his name) to be other players like inception and sayan , i even told to inception i was suspecting that (Inception was too good for a beginer and he did some mistakes in his lies), and asked sayan if he was really english (his english is worst than mine :roll:) ... and they both talked me about walla, not to mention the way inception arrived in chat just after my game against sayan telling me that he was specatating even if i never saw that on chat log :o (hell... how stupid he think i am?). Inception almost called me crazy. And the way walla talked about yannium was telling me he was also him before. Now that you tell me that i was right i can't tell if i'm glad or sad...Anyway now i know i must avoid this idiot liar. It seems I'm not so crazy :lol:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now i hope i wasn't right also for the cheating part...

@walla: i'm SO glad the admins lowered your rank. :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 am 
Sea Wolf

Let try and look on the bright side--it must be costing him a fair amount to keep buying subscriptions to the game under all of these different names :lol:
Also to barbe: I think most of us, when we first start playing tend to think that the better players must have some way to "fix" the game because they seem to win all of the games we play against them. After you play long enough you will find that they win almost all of there games against newer players simply because they are much better players. They know the best order to disclose, the best units to accomplish their goals, and most importantly, how to turn a seemingly bad layout to their advantage--so they win almost all games played against less skilled players. But, If you look at the win/loss record of most of the top 20 players when they are playing against other top 20 players, you will see that the win/loss evens out quite a bit :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:13 pm 
Tough Nut

storm is right,walla must be some rich or crazy man so he can buy 4 subscriptions(man i m planing to buy 1 almost 2 months :lol: ),on other hand,when started playing,barbe challenged many players with rank of major and higher,he thought he will get some experience when watching how better players playing and thats how walla met him,instead of that barbe should learn playing step by step cuz there are lot of amateur mistakes which some general wont make and barbe wont learn how to prevent such situations...now he s better player but still there is no need for mass challenging generals and marshals,for learning to fight there are mentors and AI(i don't think AI would teach him something :wink: ) anyway,no more walla among first 20! 8)