Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Weirdness
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:09 am 
My problem:

Game stops right after I click end phase after the first disclose phase.
It happens both in multiplayer and singlplayer, but when exacly it stops is a bit more unclear in multiplayer. It will also stop a few seconds into a new turn in an allready ongoing game.
It doesn't hang, it just doesn't seem to move on. It doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse, but it's running. When I press F9 the game starts responding to the keyboard but the mouse still doesn't work.
I can exit to the menus using escape and manuever in them by keyboard until I finally come down to the chat, upon which time it will become completely unresponsive to anything but escape and exit to windows.
Sometimes the mouse will start working again in the menus but if I return to the game, it stops working again.
Sometimes after hours of swearing and trying all kinds of things, the game will start running as it should and there will be no more problems of any kind until it crashes to desktop and I have to face the problem all over again. (The crash doesn't bother me, it's the starting up that drives me nuts)

I have done all the FAQ things with the mouse settings and everything else I can think of.
My system is a fairly new, very standard AMD/ATI/nForce/Win2k deal, my drivers are fine and I have never experienced anything like this with any game I played on this PC and I played plenty.

Any ideas anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:43 am 
Same exact problem that is happening with me right now.

Seemed to start during an online game with a friend. It was my turn, and I was having problems getting a battleship to fire on a tank that was in range. Fired on something else, rewound, tried to hit the tank, still no go. Went into the spending phase, and rewound again accidently, game felt even weirder.

Hurried up and ended my turn, friend went and had to repair the game. Went fine until it was my turn. Game said it needed to be repaired, but wouldnt fix itself no matter how many times i tried. We started a new game up, but I could never get out of the disclose phase.

Have tried reinstalling directx and my video drivers, and have fiddled with most of the graphic and sound options in the game.

Amd xp 3000, 1gb 3200 ram, abit nforce2, geforce ti4200.

Post subject: Me too
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:05 pm 
Levy

Me three.

Was just getting the hang of how turns go, and what to do, and now it wont switch phases.

Can't even watch replays, not even the ones that come preinstalled :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:21 am 
Developer

It would be great if you went to support page, http://www.massiveassaultnetwork.com/support.php and attached all necessary files.

Also, make sure you don't have a cocktail of several MAN versions, clear the appropriate folder and setup the game again.

And, by the way, what version of MAN do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:45 pm 
Tough Nut

Having similar freeze problems. Uninstalled MAN and then downloaded the full version from the website but still having the same freeze issues. Olga deleted the games in question for me.

Post subject: Smae problems
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:08 pm 
But I nver get past a sgle turn usually

Game just hangs
I bug reported

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:30 am 
Im having the same problem as well.