Massive Assault Official Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: REAL UNIVERSAL WAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 am 
Sea Wolf

REAL UNIVERSAL WAR RULES

This tournament (REAL UNIVERSAL WAR) is composed by 2 phases. First phase is an individual tournament and second phase is a team competition.

FIRST PHASE RULES

1.- The tournament map is composed for several Star System, depending of number of players. Each Star System has a defined number of planets (6 in this tournament) and each planet has 4 satellites in orbit. Each planet has a color (a little circle in middle of the planet’s design), remain the same for their satellites. Each player begins the tournament associated with a planet and their satellites.
2.- Each player must to choose at the moment of inscription which MAN2 map represent his planet and their 4 satellites. Planet must be a Large (L) or Extra-Large (XL) map and satellites will be smalls (S) or mediums (M) maps. Each satellite must be a different map for the same player.
3.- Each player has 3 space ship (called Chip) at the start that represent 3 battle forces. The Chips are numbered 1 to 3 and they have the same color than the player’s planet and satellites.
4.- The Chips are the “attack” forces that the player uses to conquer planets or satellites of the opponents. Each Chip has 15 turns of actions for the first phase of this tournament, 5 attack turns and 10 movement turns.
5.- The Star System map contains arrows drawn between planets which represent their connection. A Chip uses those arrows to attack or move. A move turn implies travel to a neighboring planet without attack, remaining in orbit.
6.- Usually each player chooses in each Chip’s turn what is the action that wants to do, with the exception of the first turn. In that turn, all the player’s Chips will be forced to attack neighboring (connected by arrows) satellites based on a random choice. Administrators will do these attacks.
7.- For to be able of attack a planet, the player must to have under control firstly 2 satellites of that planet.
8.- The attacks will be represented by MAN2 games. Attacking player will always play as green (F.N.U.) and defender player as red (P.L). This point simulates the radar interception of the invader, initiating the defense. The map of the game will be which associated with that attacked planet/satellite. All the games will be created with the following settings:
a) Allies density: Medium
b) Revenue Turns: 10

c) Game time limit:
5 days of chess clock time limit with 23 frozen hours for satellite battles.
7 days of chess clock time limit with 23 frozen hours for planet battles.

d) Set of units: Extended.
e) In-Game time: Infinite.

9.- The time unit inside the tournament will be 1 week (168 hours). This is the minimum time that 1 Chip must wait from his previous action to be capable of take new action. 1 attack or 1 move is the previous action, not win or lost a game.
If a player’s Chip is not attacking (involved in battle/game), the player has several options to choose:
a) Attack a neighboring planet/satellite (1 attack turn). In this case, the target can’t to be involved in previous attack.
b) Move to a neighboring planet (1 move turn). The Chip remains in orbit of the planet and when waiting time was finished could to attack a satellite/planet of the orbited planet.
c) To reserve 1 attack on a currently attacked planet/satellite. A free Chip can’t to attack a satellite/planet currently attacked, but the player can to do a “attack reserve” over that attacked target. When this happens, the Chip can’t do any action. Simply, must to wait the previous game is finished. The player can’t undo a reserve.

10.- The maximum number of simultaneous attack games by player is 3 (1 attack by Chip) and the maximum number of simultaneous defense games by player is also fixed in 3 in this first phase of the tournament.

11.- If a Chip attacks and wins the battle he occupies the satellite/planet. In this case, the satellite/planet changes his color and takes the winner player’s color.
12.- If a Chip attacks and loses the battle he loses 1 move turn and it remains on the orbit of attacked planet, but if a player has no planet/satellite under control in that moment he will loses the attacking Chip.
13.- The player leaves the tournament if he loses all theirs Chips.

14.- First phase of the tournament is finished after all not eliminated from tournament players will do 5 turns of attack by Chip.

15.- The winner of each Star System will be defined by points.
Point’s calculation:
Each satellite under control= 2 points.
Each planet under control= 5 points.

16.- Tie-break rules (2 or more players with the same best score)
In decreasing order:
a) Number of won battles (counting all battles: defense and attack).
b) Less number of lost battles.
c) Number of planets under control (not satellites).
d) The first player that has finished his Chip's turns.

17.- Winners and players from 2nd to 4th place in each Star-System will pass to second phase of the tournament. Players in 5th and 6th place will be eliminated of the tournament.

SECOND PHASE RULES

1.- Second phase is a team’s competition. The winner of each first phase Star-System is called “Commander” and this player will be who will take actions (move or attack) about all the team’s Chips. Only Commander can use team’s Chips.
All the planets and satellites of the Star-System will have the color of the Commander at the start of second phase. Is possible that some Commander player changes his color to avoid 2 Commanders with the same color. All the Chips of the team will have too the color of the Commander, though each one of them will have its owner.

2.- The rest of not eliminated players of each Star-System (3) will be the “soldiers” of the team and they will play the attack games that Commander choose for them using soldiers Chips. If they have some planet or satellite under control they will play the defensive games as usually.

3.- In 2nd phase each planet (only planet, not satellite) has a “Garrison” and is the Commander who assigns team’s players to each “Garrison” team’s planet before the start of phase 2. Commander can’t be Garrison in any planet of the team. “Garrison” is the last chance for a team to keep the planet under control and only is in action when planet’s defender loses the game. In “Garrison” game, winner of the 1st battle (attacker) will play red and the number of revenue turns is fixed in 5.

4.- In this phase it was created a communication way between Star-Systems called “Helliopause”. Commander can move the Chips of his team to “Helliopause” and from there to another Star-System.

5.- If “Garrison” player loses the game, planet will be finally under control of the opponent and the Commander of new owner´s team must to assign Garrison’s player for that planet.

6.- The rest of rules of this second phase about battles settings have no variation.

7.- Number of moves or attacks by Chip in the second phase is depending of the number of players in the first phase of the tournament.

8.- Winner Team will be who after 2nd phase battles has more points, taking in consideration the same calculation that in phase 1 (2 points for satellite, 5 points for planet).

All the players of the winner team will have a commemorative award associated to its nick. Commander will have his own designed award.

Post subject: Re: REAL UNIVERSAL WAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:06 am 
Conscript

In 2nd phase Commander does not attack or defend. Is this correct?

Not sure you will get 36 players but the players that have entered so far are very good. Maybe should be two separate tournaments (One for single play and one for teams.)
Not sure how I will do but glad to participate. :)

Tiger wrote:
I'll play with trial and high-ranked in the any system of rating and I prefer tournaments as best way to know best players

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:19 am 
Sea Wolf

Popeye wrote:
In 2nd phase Commander does not attack or defend. Is this correct?

Where have you read that? :D

Commander can't be "Garrison" in any planet, but he can attack and defend like in the first phase.

Commander is the only one that can "use" Team's Chips in 2nd phase and he chooses what to do with each Chip..."soldiers" will fight as attackers in the battles that Commander chooses for them and will fight as defenders when a planet or satellite under his control was attacked.

And be patient, I pressume many of the top players are still thinking in his planet and satellites! :lol:

It will be a great tournament and the first one with this new concept (UNIVERSAL WAR).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:21 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

In attached images you can see the player's choice of planet and satellites and the awards associated to this tournament.

Player's choice table will be updated when we have new information about players and maps.

We have 2 separated awards for the Champion Team: Commander's Award and Soldier's Award. I hope players like it!

Last update of table: March, 14

Attachments:
PLANETS AND SATELLITES CHOICE.png
PLANETS AND SATELLITES CHOICE.png [ 31.07 KiB | Viewed 49705 times ]
REAL UNIVERSAL WAR AWARDS.png
REAL UNIVERSAL WAR AWARDS.png [ 222.28 KiB | Viewed 49809 times ]

Last edited by tese1969 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 pm 
Conscript

I guess I am not understanding the rules. I see some players have selected XS-maps as satellites. :roll:

Quote:
Planet must be a Large (L) or Extra-Large (XL) map and satellites will be smalls (S) or mediums (M) maps. Each satellite must be a different map for the same player.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:00 pm 
Sea Wolf

You are right, Popeye, in the rules appears only S or M as satellites, but there is no problem with XS if a player wants select that size. Really, was our mistake don't include it (in Universal War Beta that size appears on the rules). :oops:

If you or other registered for the tournament player wants to change some planet can do it before the start. Simply send us (to me or Goo) a message for do it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:11 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, community

Registration period was over and we can publish information about players and maps, Star-Systems, etc...

In attached image you can see the list of players ordered by glicko score, planet and satellites and Star-System associated.

We are 18 players and we will play in 3 Star-System (each Star-System has 6 planets/players).

Each player will be associated to a planet on basis of his ranking inside the Star-System. For example, Planet 1 will be associated to player with higher glicko in that Star-System, Planet 2 to next high glicko and so on......

Remember that first turn's attack will be forced by moderators on basis in the attached table. (2.1 means Planet 2 and satellite 1, 4.3 means Planet 4 and satellite 3 and so on)

We hope to have all ready to start on Friday, March 18

Attachments:
FIRST TURN ATTACKS.png
FIRST TURN ATTACKS.png [ 7.3 KiB | Viewed 49658 times ]
REAL UNIVERSAL WAR TABLE.png
REAL UNIVERSAL WAR TABLE.png [ 40.13 KiB | Viewed 49658 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:11 am 
Conscript

Forced attacks shown on the attack table. (Planet 1 2-1 4-3 6-4)
Forced attacks sent (Planet 1 2-4 4-4 6-1)
Still not understanding :(

Quote:
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:04 pm 
Sea Wolf

2Popeye: It is my mistake. I just forgot about Tese's table and created the forced games follow other order. Anyway, it is not so important which satellite is under attack.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:14 pm 
Sea Wolf

Hi, Real Universal War players:

I have tried to do an easy and quick guide to use the web-interface.

Each attached image help us to understand the needed steps to take actions in the Star-System.

1.- The Universe of the tournament is here http://massiveassaultnetwork.com/man2/uw/index.php?route=space/sector&comp=universal&map_id=30

2.- Firstly, if player wants to take an action he must to log in the Universal War website with his MAN2 nickname and password.

3.- In Navigation/Information panel you must "click" with the mouse in "Real Universal War" line. 3 new lines will appears on the window, representing the 3 Star-System of this tournament. For our example we choose "Star-System 1".

4.- The Star-System 1 appears in the right panel. We can see that a Popeye's Chip is now free after the end of his previous battle. In the image appears with a red circle around. If Popeye wants to take an action with that Chip (when turn-time let him do it) he must to select it clicking with the mouse.

5.- If Popeye wants, for example, attack Sat 2.3 of Abidaffy he must to move the mouse over the circle that represents that satellite. In that moment, will appears a box with the "Attack" button. If Popeye clicks in this button his Chip will move inside of the satellite, representing the attack action. After that, Popeye must to click in "Save turns" button for officialize the attack and create the game.

6.- If Popeye wants, move to Planet 3 (yellow circle) with that Chip he must to move the mouse over the circle of the planet. In that moment, will appears the box with the "Move" button option. If Popeye clicks in the button his Chip will move until the orbit of planet. After that, "Save turns" button.

I hope all the players can use his Chips without problems.

Remember we have some limits for defense games. If a player is playing 3 defensive games you can't attack him until he ends some game.

Good luck to all!

Attachments:
LOGIN AND SELECTION.jpg
LOGIN AND SELECTION.jpg [ 17.16 KiB | Viewed 49468 times ]
ATTACK.jpg
ATTACK.jpg [ 30.95 KiB | Viewed 49468 times ]
MOVE.jpg
MOVE.jpg [ 29.47 KiB | Viewed 49468 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:10 am 
Conscript

tese1969 wrote:
c) To reserve 1 attack on a currently attacked planet/satellite. A free Chip can’t to attack a satellite/planet currently attacked, but the player can to do a “attack reserve” over that attacked target. When this happens, the Chip can’t do any action. Simply, must to wait the previous game is finished. The player can’t undo a reserve.

Ok, AHgpeu reserve was canceled on 6.3
The player can't undo a reserve?
What happened?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:46 am 
Sea Wolf

Quote:
10.- The maximum number of simultaneous attack games by player is 3 (1 attack by Chip) and the maximum number of simultaneous defense games by player is also fixed in 3 in this first phase of the tournament

Probably, the program waits for the observance of this rule ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:01 am 
Sea Wolf

AHgpeu is right. Reservation was cancelled automatically by program as Olmer (who is new owner of satellite) has already 3 planets/satellites under attack.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:24 am 
Conscript

Thanks. I see what happened now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:18 am 
Sea Wolf

I think it is a bug? Instead of canceling the attack, the program should wait for an opportunity to attack on the rules? Now I had to manually reassign the attack.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:40 am 
Conscript

I agree with AHgpeu. I hope it can be changed. As it is now another player could launch an attack before the reserve player reassigns the attack. This means the reserve player will have lost time and opportunity.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:49 pm 
Sea Wolf

It is not a bug. It is simplification :) as it is complex rule (for example there should be considered if several satellites of attacked has reservations). Maybe somewhere when I will have more free time I will implement this functionality but now let's leave as is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:47 pm 
Conscript

My spaceship POP1 had a reserve attack on SAT 2.1
OBM and AbiDaffy have finished their battle -- OBM won
Now my ship POP1 has attacked SAT 2.1 -- No game has been generated
No game has been sent?

Quote:
I'll take you all on one at a time! -- Popeye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:59 am 
Sea Wolf

Popeye wrote:
My spaceship POP1 had a reserve attack on SAT 2.1
OBM and AbiDaffy have finished their battle -- OBM won
Now my ship POP1 has attacked SAT 2.1 -- No game has been generated
No game has been sent?

It was a bug. I have fixed it and generated the missed game.
Next reservation game should be generated automatically without error. I hope ... :)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:51 pm 
Conscript

I think maybe still problem with reserve attack.
alex1978 ship ALE3 should have 3 attacks left not 2.
I think this is correct.
ALE3 had a reserve attack now only 2 attacks left.

:)

Quote:
Let's you and him fight! -- Popeye

After further thought take more attacks away from alex1978 the World Cup Champion.
Maybe give the rest of us a better chance.

:D